Residential house "Eleftheria" is a house for twelve adults with autism that operates twenty- four hours a day, all year long.
Residential house "Eleftheria" is a house for twelve adults with autism that operates twenty- four hours a day, all year long. Educational and therapeutic programs aim to promote quality of life for the residents, improve their self-help skills and their social integration, assuring the continuity of social bonding with their families.
Residential house "Eleftheria" is the outcome of unconditional love and sensitivity of the people of Larissa. It’s housed in a building erected and donated by the news organization "Eleftheria", on a site granted by the municipality of Larissa, at Neapoli Larissa’s. Main equipment is continuously provided by local businesses and our fellow citizens.
The philosophy of "Eleftheria" is based mainly on principals that more or less are common for all individuals.
So our twelve adults with autism that are hosted:
- Are part of the community
- Maintain social relationships with family and their friends
- Those relationships last
- They are given chances for new experiences and develop new skills
- Are encouraged for their choices
- Are supported to improve their autonomy to the measure they are capable
- Enjoy the respect of others
- Are treated as INDIVIDUALS
Contact Information for the Residential House
Dimokratias 117, 41334 Larissa, Greece
Tel / Fax (+30) 2410 626720 (contact hours Mon-Fri 11:00-13:00)